Thursday, July 30, 2009


Photography during the Summer time is so rewarding. For one thing, when the Sun is shining it makes the world light up...then I tend to want to check things out from a fairy's point of view.
Here's 2 of my favorites so far this season....

The one on the left is of a garlic flower...each one of these little bobbins would turn into a lovely garlic...beautiful and yummy too.



Petunias....ahh, what's not to like. They come in a great variety of colors, shapes and sizes... with just a little bit of care they go on and on...





These are our newest addition to Ernst Finely Crafted Glass Family....our Scarf Needles. They are 6 1/2 to 7 inches long (approximately). Truly unique...no 2 pairs will every be alike....similar, perhaps...like sisters from another mother, as different as night from day.
Just long enough, and light enough to make a scarf special...from start to finish.
I will be figuring out a way to place them on the site soon...just couldn't help showing them off.

Thanks to all who wrote in to say Hi! I am pleased to know that I will be seeing you at Sock Summit....coming right up now.
See you there ;)<

5 Comments:

At Wednesday, August 05, 2009 7:39:00 AM, Anonymous Lisa S said...

Coming past Drain and seeing the sunshine made me unsurprised to see such a sunny post. Love the garlic flower photo. See you soon.

 
At Saturday, August 15, 2009 6:07:00 PM, Anonymous AlisonH said...

THERE you are! Yay! And there I wasn't, Sock-Summit-wise, but hopefully we'll see each other Stitches West next year? I hope all is well there now. So good to see you posting again!

 
At Friday, October 23, 2009 2:51:00 PM, Blogger annmarie said...

I saw these beautiful scarf needles in your booth when I bought my orifice hook from you at Rhinebeck. They are, like all the things you make, just gorgeous. I have been admiring my hook since I brought it home. I have it stuck in a basket of lovely wool yarns from the Hope Spinnery in Maine while I wait for my new spinning wheel to arrive. :)

 
At Tuesday, November 03, 2009 3:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Nice to hear from you, new job going pretty well, hope your enjoying the lovely fall, hopefull Barb and I can get back into the Fiber Festival circiut again and catch up with you guys!
Take Care
Tina

 
At Tuesday, November 03, 2009 3:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Nice to hear from you, new job going pretty well, hope your enjoying the lovely fall, hopefull Barb and I can get back into the Fiber Festival circiut again and catch up with you guys!
Take Care
Tina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home